ETHICAL ADVISERS’ CO-OPERATIVE – 2019 YEAR IN REVIEW
- The Ethical Advisers Co-operative Australia represents 33 financial advisers across Australia with over 3,600 clients/investors.
- The Ethical Advisers’ Co-operative (EAC) Funds under management report compiled March 2020. Ethically screened funds under management rose 20% over the last calendar year to $2.115 billion by EAC members.
- Greenwash Gong Award 2019 awarded again to AMP Responsible Investment Leaders Products rebranded ethical, lots of engagement chat, but no change to their portfolio or what they do.
- Ethical Fund manager engagement Webinars – 7 Webinars and 10 managers at the mid-year meeting and the AGM.
- NGO engagement – Market Forces and ACCR. Shareholder campaigns assistance with our clients – Rio Tinto, Whitehaven Coal, Qantas, Westpac, Bluescope Steel, Suncorp, CBA, BHP, Santos, QBE, Origin Energy, Noni B (Mosaic).
- Engage with international fund managers on Siemen’s holdings
- Royal Banking Commission submission on transparency, disclosure and ethics screening.
- Engaged with fund managers on disclosure of holdings, fossil fuel screens and water trading rights
- Ongoing education articles and training education to the financial planning sectors on Ethics and Ethical investment via KAPLAN education
- Speaking events FPA, Australian Investors Association.
- 6th Annual Ethical investment Week “The Sustainability Revolution” October 2019 with 11 community events in 7 states & territories, radio, interviews, social media and videos. Movie Event – Damon Gameau’s film 2040
- Ethical Investment Guide and subsequent changes
- FASEA submission and response to proposals
2020 PLANS IN PLACE
- Speaking at Australian Shareholders Association, IMAP financial planners conference
- Talking with Bank Australia
- Continue Leaf Ratings for Responsible Investment Products
- Extending EIW to New Zealand and getting RIAA involved in EIW and possibly take the UK lead on the theme.
- Extending Co-op membership to NZ advisers.
- Marketing co-op to new advisers through Certification process
- Encouraging sharing EI resources to the co-op membership eg presentations etc
ABOUT THE ETHICAL ADVISERS’ CO-OPERATIVE LTD
The Ethical Advisers' Co-operative Ltd (Co-op) is a member operated organisation created to help communicate the intention and benefits behind ethical investment. The Co-op aims to help investors understand ethical investment and also to help investors find a specialist ethical investment adviser. The Co-op aims to benefit its clients through ethical investment by:
- Providing investors with financial and ethical insights;
- The peace of mind that comes with aligning investments with ethical values; and
- Saving time and effort in evaluating socially responsible investment options.